These are the instructions on how to use your iPhone as a mobile hotspot.
1. On your iPhone, go into Settings > Personal Hotspot
2. Turn the switch on if it is not already showing as green. The WiFi password will display. *NOTE* this password can be changed to something easier for you to remember or give out. To do that, just select the password and it will bring you to a new screen to edit this.
3. On your computer, select the wireless icon in the taskbar. *NOTE* This may show a yellow triangle or an exclamation point on the signal bars shown in the picture below.
4. Connect to the WiFi connection that it shows on your phone, it will display as the name of the phone. So if your phone is named "Angela's iPhone" that is how it would show up in the available networks. In the case of these pictures though, the iPhone is named simply "iPhone".
5. You will then be prompted to enter the password as shown on your phone. *NOTE* As any password, this is case-sensitive.
You will then be connected to your phone. Multiple people may connect to the same WiFi with the password on the iPhone but, just as any internet connection, it may slow down speeds the more devices are connected to it.