Backups are extremely fast. Our delta-block technology transmits only the changed portions of changed files during each backup session. Exactly how long that takes depends on the size of your backup, speed of your Internet connection, and amount of changed data. Our average client backup is less than 30 minutes. Because the initial backup requires transmission of all data, it takes the longest and may require multiple sessions to complete. The service will "chip away" at the initial backup until completed with no user intervention required. After the initial backup is complete, nightly backups are significantly smaller than tape-based systems and result in a much more efficient and faster backup.
Articles in this section
- How long does it take?
- Are backups incremental?
- How is data stored?
- What software do you use?
- What software will be loaded on my computer?
- After installation, can I make modifications to my configuration?
- What kind of information is available to the administrator?
- Is GreyVault the same as uploading to a FTP server?
- How often will my computer be backed up?
- Will GreyVault backup all Operating System and “System State” information?