Yes. Because the GreyVault solution supports multiple-platform environments, the backups are stored in a universal data format. This enables you to restore to any system running on any platform. This is a huge advantage over tape systems where you generally must restore to the same operating system used for the backups.
Articles in this section
- Can I restore to a new computer running a different operating system than I backed up from?
- Is there a charge to restore my data?
- Can I restore to an alternate location to avoid overwriting a file?
- Can I do a "full" recovery including the System State and Active Directory?
- Is there a quicker way than online to restore large volumes of data?
- How do I restore my data?