Open files in "shared" mode are backed up, but files opened in "exclusive" mode are skipped and noted in the log file. However, we have an optional integrated open file manager utility (OFM) that can back up files even if opened in "exclusive" mode. Using the OFM, GreyVault can back up e-mail, databases, intranet applications, and all other open files - even if the files are changing during the backup.
Articles in this section
- How long does it take?
- Are backups incremental?
- How is data stored?
- What software do you use?
- What software will be loaded on my computer?
- After installation, can I make modifications to my configuration?
- What kind of information is available to the administrator?
- Is GreyVault the same as uploading to a FTP server?
- How often will my computer be backed up?
- Will GreyVault backup all Operating System and “System State” information?