Congratulations! You've just been set up with an eFax!
There are several ways to send an eFax! Below are some instructions on how to utilized your eFax! :]
How to send fax via email
1. Open your email client, then compose a new message.
2. Enter the 10-digit phone number of your recipient in the To: field followed by @rcfax.com. (Example: firstname.lastname@example.org)
3. If you want to include a note and send a Fax Cover Page, type it in the Subject field of the email.
4. Attach the documents you want to fax.
• Ensure that the attached files are supported. The filename of the attached files should not include ampersands (Example: &) or other special characters. Ensure that the total size of attached files does not exceed 20MB.
• Ensure that the email body is empty. Remove your signature, images or footnotes.
5. Click Send. You will receive an email confirmation containing the fax transmission results.
Sending Faxes via Email - Checking the Fax Confirmation Email
After sending a fax message using your email, you will receive an email confirmation. Check your email to view the fax transmission results.
It shows you the fax message's number of pages, the sender's phone number and extension, the name and phone number of the recipient, the date and time when the fax was sent, and the transmission result.
How to send a fax from a scanner using email to fax feature
Place the document face-down on the scanner glass or face-up if you are using an Automatic Document Feeder (ADF).
Set the menu function of your scanner to E-mail.
The scanner will prompt you to enter the recipients e-mail address. Enter the fax number of your intended recipient followed by "@rcfax.com". For example: email@example.com
Press the start button in your scanner to begin scanning the document and sending it out to RingCentral.
RingCentral will then send this e-mail as a fax to your recipients fax number and will either come out as a digital document (PDF) or in printed form on a traditional fax machine.